Islamabad, Pakistan — UN Women and Women Parliamentary Caucus (WPC) of the National Assembly of Pakistan on Thursday joined hands to work together for advancing the women’s empowerment and gender equality agenda, which is central to Pakistan’s efforts towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals by 2030. Agreeing that the issue of child marriage needs a strong focus and efforts at all levels, both the entities stressed the most urgent need for consolidated and concerted action to curb child marriages from all parts of Pakistan through advocacy, awareness-raising and legislative reforms.
- WPC Celebrated International Democracy Day with University students and youth leaders
- The Women’s Parliamentary Caucus (WPC) held the Commonwealth Women Parliamentarians (CWP) seminar on ‘Challenges and Impediments against Women in Politics’ in Islamabad on Wednesday.
- International Delegates visited Women’s Parlaimentary Caucus
- WPC and WFD joined hands for strengthening Women Parliamentarians
- General Assembly Meeting of the WPC Parliamentary capacity building through Research, Communication and Legal support & Consensus building on the Child Marriage Restraint Act